Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed bluge on penis after intercourse. Is this normal?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
Hi I'm 18 and had sex yesterday for the 5th time. In the morning I woke up and found my foreskin was still retracted but also underneath the bell end i found a medium size kind of bulge which looks like it shoudn't be there. Is this normal?
Posted Sat, 9 Feb 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 17 minutes later

Based on the fact and picture that you have posted you seem to have developed what is termed as paraphimosis - a collection of serous fluid between two layers of foreskin. Please consult qualified urologist immediately. You may need to take Inj hyaluronidase locally. This injection will absorb the fluid and relieve the swelling.

Delaying the treatment can cause complications such as formation of a constriction band around the glans penis. Antibiotic like doxycycline and anti-inflammatory drug like diclofenac after the procedure would also be needed. The medications can be prescribed by your urologist after the procedure.

Hope this answers your query. Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions, I shall be happy to help you.

Dr.Patil

Follow-up: Noticed bluge on penis after intercourse. Is this normal? 41 minutes later
Thanks, Do you know a reason how and why this was caused

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 12 minutes later
Hello

Mostly it is the results of forceful, vigorous and dry intercourse.

Let me know if you have other concerns.

Dr,Patil