Noticed blood when wiping and passing yellow oily discharge. What is going on?

I have small amounts of blood when I wipe and now I have a yellow oily discharge in underwear. Male.
Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
I would like to know a few more details to serve you better.
1) What is your age?
2) You said there was some blood when you wiped. Wiped where?
3) Yellow oily discharge in underwear, where in underwear? Front Back? Below?

4) Are you on any drugs/Medications?
5) Is there any pain/fever?
Hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks .
Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD

Follow-up: Noticed blood when wiping and passing yellow oily discharge. What is going on? 5 hours later
1) age 34
2) wiped : rectal area
3) back, below
4) no
5) no
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 45 hours later
Thanks for using health care magic for posting your query.
I am sorry for the delay as there were some technical reasons.
Oily yellowish grease coming out of anus suggests that there is a problem with fat absorption and hence the same is coming out of the anus.
Now fat absorption is a function of liver and gallbladder. If it doesn't work well, then the oily fat will come out of the anus and the same will present as in your case.
Blood coming out cannot be however explained by this cause. The blood in your anus suggests that there is a bleeding, and the most common cause is an anal fissure or hemorrhoids. The same can be confirmed only after a local examination.

You need to visit a gastro surgeon. You should get an USG abdomen done to find out the status of your gall bladder.
All said there is nothing very serious and you need to just go ahead with the consultations and the surgeon will surely take care of you.

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.