Noticed blood marks after intercourse. Elastic thing blocking penis. Advised to apply Xylocaine Jelly. Unable to hold erection. Advise?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Dec 2014
Dec 2014

Psychiatrist
Question
I have been married for 25 days. 1st night of marriage we had intercourse and blood marks where on the bed sheet so we thought she lost her virginity. Till 20 days after I started feeling an elastic thing blocking my penis to enter all the way inside. So she went to the doctor and we found out she is still a Virgin so he told us its all normal and she's very stressed during the intercourse and that's why she pushed me out with her thies. And the blood was a minor scratch while trying to go deep in her. He gave us Xylocaine Jelly and after she used it I couldn't hold an erection inside her and its driving me crazy and I'm not sure if the issue is physical or mental but I'm sure it may have a mental side but what if also physical, how can I know? I'm so confused because this jell can only delay the ejaculation and not the erection!!!
Posted Thu, 26 Sep 2013 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to XXXXXXX

A lot of couples face such type of issues in early days of marriage. She was facing stress due to fear of penetration and this resulted in failure to penetrate. Due to this you have developed erectile dysfunction. The problem is most likely psychological. Best way to deal with it is to talk with your wife regarding the problem. You can take help of a counsellor for that.
Other thing that can be done is to engage more and more time in foreplay. Both of you should take bath in a tub together. Start with light manual touch followed by touching private parts. Before trying to penetrate you can use finger or dilators. Consult a gynaecologist to rule out any chances of vaginismus.
If erectile dysfunction is really bothersome then you can consult a psychiatrist. Many good medicines are available for this problem.

Hope I cleared your doubt, if you have more doubts you can ask again.

Thanks

Follow-up: Noticed blood marks after intercourse. Elastic thing blocking penis. Advised to apply Xylocaine Jelly. Unable to hold erection. Advise? 8 minutes later
What about the jelly we used! It had nothing to do with stopping my erection during the intercourse? How shall we use this jelly and how long shall we keep trying till she loses her virginity? Any more tips other than foreplay to move faster lol I'm going out of town in 4 days !
Thanks
Best Regards,

Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello again

Detailed Answer:
The jelly you are using is xylocaine and it is nothing but a local anaesthetic agent. It will help to decrease pain in your wife but it has nothing to do with your problem. It can even decrease sensitivity of tip of penis and most likely this is causing loss of erection in your case. To delay ejaculation you can use Dapoxetine tablet which is commonly available.
For lubrication please use KY Jelley. This will not cause anaesthesia and will help in lubrication.

You can ask more doubts if any.
Thanks