Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed blood in urine with mild burning sensation. Enlarge prostate, UTI or bladder cancer?

Jul 2016

Can someone in their mid 40's experience enlargement of the prostate?
Is it possible to be simply prone to NSU without an underlying cause ( I have had symptoms on and off all my life)? once very 5 years or so.
I currently have some ( invisible) blood in urine ( was tested yesterday but unable to get full results ( no sure if infection)as holiday period) - symptoms appear to me to be either infection of urinary tract, enlargment of prostate or baldder cancer. I am having mild burning and strong desire to urinate constantly. cannot sleep.
Posted Wed, 16 Jan 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later

Based on your description it appears that you have Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms Will you kindly submit some more information to come to a conclusion.

1) Are you Diabetic ?
2) Do you get fever with chill especially when you get these symptoms.?
3) Have done your routine test ans Urine culture test to confirm the UTI.?
4) Have you done Ultrasound scanning to assess the size of the Prostate and Post Void Urine Residue.?
5) Did you pass red colored urine any time ?
6) How is the flow of your Urine ?(Urine Stream)

Kindly feedback the relevant information.

I shall be pleased to help you to the best of my ability and knowledge.

Thanks with Regards.
Dr. Patil