Noticed blood in urine and high BP. Treated with reduced fluid. Treatment?

my 5 year old grandson is in hospital with blood in his urine and a high blood pressure. He is being treated with reduced fluid intake of 700ml per day and four hourly medication for the blood pressure. We are in a remote area and I need to know if this is the right treatment or should he be in a city hospital.
Posted Thu, 25 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 1 hour later

Thank you for your query.

I can understand your concern. The history that you have provided suggests that your grandson is suffering from acute glomerulonephritis following the sores. It will be better if you can share the clinical and investigation findings so that I can provide you more guidance.

If there is a volume overload the doctors must have restricted his fluid intake to 700 ml. It shall be better to discuss the management with your treating doctor and then take a decision of shifting your grandson to a city hospital.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you need any clarifications or would like to share more facts.

Wishing your grandson an early recovery.

Rajiv K Khandelwal