Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed blood in urine after sex. Passed clear urine and later again found blood.

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016
Excellent

Urologist
Question
ONE MONTH AGO, 4 DAYS AFTER A DIGITAL PROSTATE EXAM BY MY UROLOGIST, I HAD INTER COURSE.
VERY SHORTLY AFTER, I HAD BRIGHT RED BLOOD IN MY URINE AND AFTER PASSING A SMALL CLOT, I PASSED CLEAR URINE. THE SAME EXPERIENCE REPEATED ITSELF ABOUT 3 WEEKS LATER (TODAY). HOWEVER, AN HOUR AFTER PASSING WHAT APPEARED TO BE CLEAR URINE, SOME BLOOD APPEARED AGAIN.
Posted Tue, 22 Oct 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It could be due to Prostatitis .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have undergone cyberknife treatment for cancer of the prostate 2 years back and your recent PSA level was 2 ng.

You had hematuria after having sex after 4days after digital rectal examination and again after three weeks.

In absence of any urinary symptoms and normal PSA level the cause of hematuria is most likely to be due to infection of the prostate or seminal vesicle.

Please consult qualified Urologist and get following tests done under his supervision.
1) Routine urine test
2) Ultrasound scanning of the abdomen.
3) Ultrasound scanning with trans rectal probe.(TRUS) to rule out recurrence of cancer of prostate.
4) Endoscopic examination of bladder and prostate.( Cystoscopy).

In the mean while take broad spectrum antibiotics along with anti inflammatory medication like Diclofenac twice daily

Ensure to drink more water..

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you
Dr.Patil.