Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed blood in urine. What should I do?

I am having blood in my urine for the last 3 days some time it starts urine and end with blood and the times it is blood all the time
Posted Sat, 10 Aug 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Hello thank you for sending your question.

Your question is a very good one and I will work on providing you with some information and recommendations.

Since you have had a relatively persistent degree of blood in the urine I would recommend that you schedule a physical examination and consultation with your urinalysis and possibly some imaging of your urinary tract to see if there is something that might be contributing to the blood in the urine.

There are several possible causes of what you are experiencing. Sometimes infection in the bladder or kidney's can cause this. Kidney stones often will cause this type of symptom but will also be associated with significant pain in most cases. Also if there is some type of information in the kidney this can also cause blood in the urine. Lastly cancer of the bladder or kidney can also cause blood in the urine.

In light of all of the considerations I mentioned above I really think it would be to your benefit to have this evaluated as soon as possible.

Thanks again for sending your question. Please let me know if I can be of any additional assistance.

Dr. Galamaga