Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed blood in urine. Took medicine for kidney infection and augmentin for back pain. Worrisome

Jul 2016

I recently went to the doc. I wasn't having burning or urgency to pee, I just started peeing blood. I had a kidney infection so the put me on cyphro. Finished that meds and my lower back and sides have been hurting more like a bruised feeling. I went to doc agin they put me on augmentin the lower back still hurts to run or walk hard or sitting in certain positions. Sometimes when I been over to pick something up it feels like a pain instead of bruise. Any suggestions as to what is going on? They said I need a urine culture done to see what bacteria they need to be treating. I've been getting dizzy spells and nausea spells with all of this too. Any suggestion?
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 39 minutes later

You had a XXXXXXX painless Haematuria which has to be taken seriously. This could be due to

1) UTI which is a rare possibility.
2) Space Occupying Lesion ( SOL) in the one of the Kidneys or Ureter which may be Benign or Malignant.
3) Urinary stones.

Please get following investigations done to come to a conclusion.

1) Complete Haemogram with Coagulation profile.
2) Urine Routine and Culture and sensitivity.
3) Ultrasound Scanning.
4) I.V.P
5) Contrast C.T Scan.

Further management will depend upon the final diagnosis. Please consult a skilled Urologist for evaluation and guidance.
If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me. I shall be pleased to help you.

Thanks with Regards.
Dr. Patil