Noticed blood in urine. Prescribed bactrim. Having candida. Having soreness after urination. What could this be?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
I have recently saw a doctor who believed I had kidney stones. I told her that I had a tight heavy feeling in my lower back it felt inside my body not in my muscles. Its been 4 weeks since the uncomfort (not pain). I only saw the dr last week thinking it was due to excessive drinking. They did an in-house test of my urine saying there was blood present. She prescribed an antibiotic called bactrim. I felt extremely itchy got rashes and also candida showed up in a bad way in the genital area. now I have a soreness after urination. The heavyness in my kidney area maybe returning, I have stopped the antibiotics. I don't have insurance and it seems they are not really giving me answers but trying to bring me in for another visit. What is wrong with me?
Posted Wed, 5 Jun 2013 in Kidney Conditions

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 5 hours later
Hello
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have
pain in lower back (Loin) and your Dr has suspected it to be due to kidney stone. The rash on your body and genitals looks likely to be due allergic reaction to Bactrim which contains Sulphamethozole.

The only test to confirm the kidney stone is to get Ultrasound scanning of the abdomen done.

This is not expensive test and can be done even you have no insurance.

Further treatment will depend upon the results of ultrasound scanning.

In the mean while take antibiotic of Floxacin group along with some antispasmodics after consulting your family physician,

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.
Dr.Patil..

Follow-up: Noticed blood in urine. Prescribed bactrim. Having candida. Having soreness after urination. What could this be? 21 minutes later
what is the antispamodic do?

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 4 minutes later
Hello
Thanks for follow up.
Antispasmodic drugs relieve the pain by relaxing the smooth muscles .
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Noticed blood in urine. Prescribed bactrim. Having candida. Having soreness after urination. What could this be? 6 minutes later
Thanks for a speedy response Dr. XXXXXXX I was wondering since when on the antibiotics the unfomfort in my flank seemed to disappear only reappearing when off the medication. Is this enough to rule out kidney stones?

Hello
The only way to rule out the possibility of kidney stone is to get Ultrasound scanning ..
Please go ahead and get it done once for all to be sure about it.
Thanks and Regards.
Dr XXXXXXX