Noticed blood in urine. On Flamax. May have prostate cancer?

My elderly father has just moved back to CANADA to live with me. He lived in the states. I believe he may have cancer of his prostrate. He if on Flomax, but just recently he has had blood in his urine. No pain. He does not have O.H.I.P. coverage as of yet, 2 months more to wait. Does Medicaed cover him, until O.H.I.P..starts.He will need test to confirm.
Thankyou for your response. XXXXX
Posted Sat, 3 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later

Welcome to Healthcare Magic.

The bleeding is rare in prostate carcinoma, still you can test for it, get a serum PSA level and an ultrasound of Kidney ureter bladder system.
It will give reasonable clues.
A urine microscopic examination and culture will be additionally helpful in the matter.
The medicare should cover him if the dates have not lapsed, better check the full rules on papers.

I hope my advise will be informative and helpful for you.

Take care!