Noticed blood in stool and busted blood vessel on scrotum Diagnosed as hemorrhoids. Should I be worried?

Jul 2012

I have been having some issues for a couple of years now and I'm starting to get concerned that it is something serious. I went to see my GP because I had blood in my stool and I thought I had contracted a STD because I had change in the skin color of the head of my penis. All STD test came back negative and the doctor told me that it was probably just hemeroids causing the blood in my stool. Well long story short the blood in my stool comes and goes. Sometimes there is quite a lot and it looks clotted. Sometimes there is none at all and this may go on for weeks. Lately I have noticed even more symptoms like my testicles sweat all the time and it feels like my scrotum is 3 feet long! It is so bad that I must stand a lot of times with legs spread slightly to get some relief. I've also started to notice that I have blood blisters on my scrotum in several places that look like a busted blood vessel. Also have a couple of places on the head my penis that look this way. It feels like the blood flow is being restricted some how. Anyway I'm 43 years old in relatively good shape. I work on my diet and exercise routine to try to stay in shape. I hope this is nothing more than overactive imagination but I feel like something is wrong because the symptoms seem to more frequent.
Posted Mon, 8 Oct 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 18 minutes later
Hi there.
Thanks for your query with precise details.
It is possible the lesions on the scrotum are lesions of a condition called 'angiokeratoma' broadly. It causes symptoms that you allude to. It is also possible that similar hemorrhoids (internal) exist in the rectal /anal region.
I strongly suggest an entire 'blood' work-up with a detailed hematological analysis of platelets, Bleeding time, clotting time, Partial thromboplastin time etc., a visit to the proctologist/surgeon & a stool routine assessment & then take it from there.
Relax. It is not your imagination & this needs a clinical work-up with a dermatologist/surgeon on the ground. However, it is not a worrying issue or sinister in any chill & have a good day! Just attempting to point you out in the direction of an informed deciscion online. Cheers!