Noticed blood in stool. Hot sensation in stomach and taking gaviston. Bleeding ulcer. Should I be worried?

for the last year i have notice that there is blood in my stool when i go to the toilet, this does not always happen only every now and again. i eat very well lots of veg and fruit. at times i get a hot senesation in my stomach but no pain. Gaviston usually relieves the discomfort. I am very regular every morning and have no problem going. i am 60 years of age and have no weight problems. I have been on blood pressure tablets for the last number of years and they seem to control it. otherwise i am healthy enough. Have i got a bleeding ulcer or is it more serious. i am a bit worried!
Posted Tue, 5 Nov 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please see the details

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

Painless bleed pin stool may be due to hemorrhoids, for which you have to keep your stool soft either by taking some laxative or psyllium fibres and a phlebotropic agent like tablet daflon. Also it can be polyp, ulcer or fissure. However at this age I will advise you to get a colonoscopy done to rule out any malignancy.

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon.