Noticed blood in cough. Found ca in lung. What treatment should be done?

Oncologist, Radiation
My father is 66 years.
He was medicaly feet till date.
few days blood is coming out with cough from last 2 months.
after few investigation like X XXXXXXX MANTOUX,FNAC and found my father had CA in lung.
please advice what is the next treatment.
How do i knew the Grade of CA ?
Where i get best treament for my father ?
Posted Mon, 1 Apr 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Dipanjan Majumder 26 hours later

I can understand your concern. You should not be worried right now, lung cancer is treatable.

First goal is to stage the tumor. Relevant investigations are-
- Contrast enhanced CT scan of thorax including adrenals
-Contrast enhanced CT of abdomen/ USG whole abdomen
-Core needle biopsy from the tumor for histopathology exam and EGFR expression status
-Other routine blood examination

Clinical examination is also necessary depending on the finding your doctor may add some more investigations.

If the disease is at limited stage encouraging treatment results can be expected. Lung cancer has got two broad groups: small cell lung cancer and non small cell lung cancer.

Non small cell lung cancer may be squamous or adenocarcinoma. These can be detected on pathology report. Treatment will depend on these factors.

Consult your oncologist for better guidance; I will be available for follow up.