Noticed blood in bowel movement. No constipation. Any treatment?

I have been experiencing blood following bowl movements, bright red on the toilet paper also with a clear discharge. No constipation, perhaps more frequent bowel movements. Fatigue. Symptoms present for 3 weeks.
Posted Tue, 1 Jan 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 53 minutes later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini, Gastroenterologist and I am pleased to answer your query.

Blood in stool could be be due to many conditions like hemorrhoids, fissure, inflammatory bowel disease etc.
A colonoscopy test should be done for evaluation. Discuss with your doctor about getting this test done.

The fatigue you have could be due to anemia as a result of chronic blood loss in stool. Hemoglobin level may be checked for confirmation. Take iron supplements for improving the hemoglobin level if found low.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini