Noticed blood from bowel movement, cramp in stomach, soft stool. Is it due to spicy food? Is due to being over weight?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
I am 22 year old man. I am 6' tall and 100 kgs overweight. I have noticed bright red but very little amount of blood is turning the toilet bowl water red, while defecating . This has happened two months back for two days and again happening now for one day. I have also noticed that in both the cases this has occurred with slight cramp in lower abdomen as in loose motion but the stool is soft and both the times this has happened after I had indulged in excessive spicy and oily junk food for two or three consecutive days. I have decided not to indulge in those food again and change my food habit too. Lately I have started exercising to loose weight. I have taken metrozyl 400mg. I have no piles.Please help!
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 2 hours later

Thanks for posting your query

Your information is suggestive of infection of the GI tract
Blood and mucus co exist in amoebic collitis and is secondary to ingestion of contaminated meals or drinks

It is good you have decided not to indulge in the same

Avoid contaminated meals and drinks, when you go out take hot and fresh items only

Take a seven day treatment of a probiotic, metrogyll 400mg three times a day after meals and add a tablet of ofloxacillin twice a day for seven days

Hope this helps
Am available for any followup queries
If there are no further doubts, do accept this reply and rate it

Get Well Soon