Noticed blood during urination. What to do?

Uh yes, I've been peeing blood today and it's small amount not too much, but I'm wondering if I accidentally caused a tear you see I umm well this is embarrassing I used a toy during my period, so I was wondering if this will heal on its own? Because I went to different sites and got a whole bunch of different advice. Like drink plenty of water, drink cranberry juice, eat garlic, get goodnight sleep, it will heal in 24 hours. Stuff like that, oh there is no burning, I'm not in pain, there is no fever or chill, and I haven't eaten any beets
Posted Fri, 31 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 19 minutes later
Blood in urine means that you have a problem with the urinary tract. The common causes are infection,stones,malignancy. Now if the bleeding is occurring per vaginum even when you are not urinating,there could be due to vaginal trauma etc. Its important that you distingush between them. If you are only seeing blood in the urine,then first get a urianlysis done. Along with that ultrasound of the kidney,ureter,bladder. This will diagnose any stones,growth,infections that may be causing the bleeding. But yes,do drink plenty of water. If there is any infection/pathology you will need medication accordingly.