Noticed blood and mucus in stool. Took opmerzole for acid reflux. Having stomach pain. GERD?

Yes i started off at the doctors for blood in my stool then i was bringing up streaks of blood in mucus which I had bad stomach pains and chest pains I went to the emergency room and said I had acid reflex and then I went to the doctor got opmerzole and antibiotics my chest pain has subside alot but still have stomach pain Is it gerd or gastris
Posted Thu, 4 Apr 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 6 hours later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.

The pain could be due to peptic ulcer disease. Since you have had blood in the vomitus, an upper GI endoscopy may be done for evaluation. Continue taking omeprazole for relief.
Also for the blood in stool, colonoscopy may have to be done. If you are constipated, the bleeding could be due to hemorrhoids or fissure in which case you may have to take fiber supplements and drink plenty of fluids.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly rate this service.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini