Noticed blood and having pain while passing stools. What is the cause?

General Surgeon
hi doctor , actually iam on medication for my acne problems , i was prescribed Neutin 20(isotretinoin) and Audi500(azithromycin) , from the last week i get some pain while going to stool and today there was some blood in stool ,, is it the side affects or any other disease , i didnt had this problem before...
Posted Wed, 4 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 44 minutes later
Brief Answer: It could be Fissure in ano Detailed Answer: Hi Thank you for posting in XXXXXXX Pain during stools is due to crack like condition at the anal opening called Fissure in ano. It is caused mainly due to passage of hard stools.It is not a side effect. Due to trauma by the stool, there may be bleeding. The stools should be soft to avoid this. Please take plenty of fluids,green leafy vegetables,fresh fruits. Atleast 3-4 litres of water has to be taken daily. I prescribe stool softener like Sodium picosulphate as suyrup,Cream which contains Diltiazem for anal application. Most of the times, it will get resolved by change of diet only. If there is no response, then minor surgery like Anal dilatation under anaesthesia has to be performed. Nothing to worry. It will come down. Wish you good health and speedy recovery. Regards
Follow-up: Noticed blood and having pain while passing stools. What is the cause? 12 days later
hi doctor , can you please prescribe me the cream and syrup which you said , i mean the name of the medicines which are available in local medical stores. thank you...
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 3 days later
Brief Answer: Cream should contain Diltiazem Detailed Answer: Hi I prefer my patients to choose any brand with the Cream should contain Diltiazem and the syrup should contain Sodium picosulphate. The pharmacist will know it. Regards