Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed blood after urinating. History of ovarian cyst. Should I be concerned?

Hi! I have been feeling a bit under the weather and noticed a bit of blood on the tissue after peeing. This is Day 3. I am approx. a week or less from getting my period. Is this something i should be concerned about? I have a history of ovarian cysts
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 13 minutes later
The mild spotting that you have noticed after peeing may be due to the impending period or a mild bleeding or any pain in the lower abdomen.
In case the bleeding happens again then a vaginal swab culture and urine culture and sensitivity are recommended after a direct examination to detect any infection.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.