Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed blood after urinating. Have systemic scleroderma and losing weight. What's wrong?

General Surgeon
I have some blood when I wipe after urinating. I am a 46 yr old female who had a hysterectomy 3 years ago and have had recent diagnoses of Systemic Profuse Scleroderma (into the GI system and joints) and Achalasia (significant symptomology). Have had weight loss (focus of doctors is to get weight up before next treatment options) and continued difficulty eating. The blood when wiping after urinating is new today. What could it be?
Posted Sat, 5 Jan 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 23 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

Blood in urine can most common is caused by urinary tract stones. Usually also burning when urinating or frequent urinating appears.
In some cases blood in urine can be caused by urinary bladder tumors.
It is advisable for you to have abdominal ultrasound with urinary bladder checkup and urine analysis.

Hope it will help. Feel free to ask further questions.