Noticed blood after fingering. Expecting periods. Noticed brown discharge after removing tampons. What does this mean?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
I need to know if my boyfriend has taken my virginity or not, he was fingering me and when I pulled it out there was blood on his finger. There wasn't very much, hardly anything really. I was about to start my period and when I pulled my tampon out after a few minutes the blood was brown like it was supposed to be. But after about ten minutes I checked again and nothing was there. I don't know if he just scratched me or not, I felt around and I can still feel my hymen. Does that mean something?
Posted Sun, 11 Aug 2013 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 24 minutes later
Hello
Thanks for your query, based on the facts that you have posted it appears the though your boyfriend has fingered inside your introitus if he has fingered gently, it is unlikely that he has perforated your hymen which normally needs to be torned with vigorous force.

It is likely that his finger was soaked with your menstrual flow.

However this needs to be confirmed by a clinical examination by a qualified Gynaecologist. Please consult him/her for clinical evaluation.

Hope I have answered your query .Please feel free to ask if you have any more q
questions. I shall be happy to address the same.
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Noticed blood after fingering. Expecting periods. Noticed brown discharge after removing tampons. What does this mean? 2 minutes later
Is there anyway I can check myself? He was kind off aggressive, but I feel a rough spot so he could of scratched me right?

If it helps any his finger is 3.25 inches long. Would that be enough?

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 15 minutes later
Hello
Thanks for follow up.
Yes you can attempt to palpate hymen yourself but it will be better if you get it confirmed by a Gynaecologist it will help you to allay your anxiety.
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Noticed blood after fingering. Expecting periods. Noticed brown discharge after removing tampons. What does this mean? 43 hours later
I've felt and checked myself and everything seemed alright, the hymen was still there and everything. But there was an inward dent in it, just like someone took a straight edge and kind of tapped it or something. Its in a line, could that mean it was a partial rupture?

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 15 hours later
Hello
Thanks for follow up.
Yes it is likely to be a partial tear but needs to be confirmed by a qualified health personnel (Gynaecologist) to allay your anxiety.
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.