Noticed bleeding with clots and experienced expansion in breast and stomach. What is the reason for swelling?

i had mefepristone and bleeding strted, which lasted for 5-6 days with presence of some clots.... i visited the docter after 2 weks he said everything is normal and you are not pregnent. i had my next period on 40th day of bleeding due to consumption of mifepristone, also my urine tests were negetive at that stage...... now i experienced expansion in my breasts and stomach and no other symptoms of i am worried that still i may be pregnent or what is reason of swelling also i didnt had sex after consumption of mifepristone
Posted Mon, 9 Dec 2013 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: Could be due to hormonal causes. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. The expansion of the breasts and the abdominal distension are not the symptoms of pregnancy. Since your uterus was found to be normal on ultrasound with no pregnancy after the medical abortion, there is no need to worry about the pregnancy now. The abdominal distension that you are having could be related to the delayed hormonal changes or gas and indigestion. Taking a soft and easy to digest will help in decreasing the symptoms. Stronger prescription medicines may be needed after a physical examination in case the symptoms are persistent. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Noticed bleeding with clots and experienced expansion in breast and stomach. What is the reason for swelling? 5 minutes later
For your information tell u that doctor inspected me manually and no ultrasound was done; further my second period lasted for 3 days only and bleeding was normal Also my swelling is lasting after medical abortion to till now
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: Ultrasound scan will detect the cause. Detailed Answer: Hello. Thanks for writing again. It is best to get an ultrasound scan done to find out the cause of swelling. Even if the bleeding during the periods was lighter, pregnancy is not likely. Hope my answer is helpful. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health. Regards