Noticed bleeding with bowel movements. Hemorrhoids and further bleeding. Remedy?

Gastroenterologist
Question
I am a 52y/o male with a hisotry of IBS. Had a colonscopy at 43 one polyp ( non cancerous-removed) 48 clean colonscopy. Had one scheduled in early 2015. Recently over the past week or two so some bleeding with Bowel movements. Went to GI today, did a digital exam and say some hemmoroids and also a some bleeding further up. He stated that as a precaution, we should move our 2015 colonoscopy up to soon. (scheduled next week). He did not seem too concerned.

SInce I have had colonoscopies 2 during the past 10 years, I was looking for some reassurance that whatever it is , the chances of it being serious are minimal.
Posted Tue, 18 Jun 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 4 hours later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you.

Are you constipated?
Any mucus in stool?
Is it blood mixed with stool or dripping of blood or blood streaked stool?

Kindly get back to me with the answers and I will give my opinion.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: Noticed bleeding with bowel movements. Hemorrhoids and further bleeding. Remedy? 43 minutes later
Some. Blood when cleaning.fecal blood test positive
No constipation or mucus

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 2 minutes later
Any mass coming out while defecating?
Is defecation painful?

Follow-up: Noticed bleeding with bowel movements. Hemorrhoids and further bleeding. Remedy? 5 minutes later
No to borh

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 13 minutes later
Some of the common causes of bleeding per rectum in individuals above 50 years are hemorrhoids, fissure in ano, colitis and malignancy.
It could be any of these in your case. The information you have provided do not make your symptoms fit in to any particular diagnosis I have mentioned above unless a colonoscopy is done to find the cause.
Since your GI doctor did a digital rectal examination and found hemorrhoids, I would put that diagnosis first in the list though other possibilities can be ruled out only after a colonoscopy.
Since the previous colonoscopies did not show anything alarming and also you do not have a family history of malignancy, you are a low risk individual and it is less likely that you have anything alarming inside that is causing the bleed.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly rate this service.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini