Noticed bleeding eyes. What should I do?

My daughter napped then when she woke up, her eyes were bleeding. We went to see the eye doctor and they cannot find concussions anywhere on the said eye. Then I start to worry a lot because now it bleeds a few times in a day. What should I do? Where can I find answers? My daugther is 10 years old and we live in Japan. Is there anyway someone can tell me what do and who to go to?
Posted Sat, 27 Jul 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 38 minutes later
My Dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
This is where your role comes into play.You have to guide the doctors.When there is bleeding you have to wipe the eyes with cotton and try to find out where is the source of bleeding.You have to locate the source of bleeding and guide the doctor as by the time you reach the doctor the bleeding has stopped.
Once the source is spotted the cause can be decided.
In the meanwhile antibiotic drops to be put in and try to locate the source of bleeding.
please do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.
Follow-up: Noticed bleeding eyes. What should I do? 4 hours later
Thank you for the reply, Dr. Misra. But to follow up, there is no present cuts or bruises to the eye, not the eyeballs or eyelids. It doesn't bleed continously but it bleeds a few times in a day. I tried the emergency room but they all do not know where the bleeding is from. I was looking at the internet and found out about haemolacria. All the symptoms are alike in some ways. What else can I do? Where else can I go?
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 1 hour later
My Dear,
Before coming to such a diagnosis we have to exahust all other avenues first. Since you are the only one available at the time of bleeding you have to look for the source.If you are successful then that will change the diagnosis.
Try this at the time of next episode.
Rule out bleeding disorders.
Follow-up: Noticed bleeding eyes. What should I do? 31 minutes later
When it bled this afternoon, i wiped it with otton and saw that the bleeding was coming from the corner of the eye, right where the tears appear when you cry. Where should I go next?
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 20 hours later
My dear,
Thanks for getting back to us.
This is the spot from where tear ducts start.
You have to guide the doctor about the location of bleeding which will give him the clue to start further investigation.
A dacryocystogram may be needed,your doctor will examine in view of these findings and advice.