Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed bleeding during urination. No pain. Feeling fullness or pressure in bladder. Had hysterectomy. Guide?

Jul 2016

Hi I have started bleeding on urination, some times there are small blood lots in the urine, at times it is only a little blood other times quite alot, I have no pain.,but i do experience a sense of fullness or pressure aft wards as if the bladder has not emptied completely. Please note I had a hysterectomy about 15 years ago. As I am recently immigrated to Canada I am not covered by medical. So I do want to ensure that it is a necessity to go if need be.
Posted Fri, 23 Aug 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 15 minutes later
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have painless hematuria which needs to be investigated to find out the source of bleeding.

Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical evaluation and following tests.
1) Routine Urine test and urine culture to rule out any infection.
2) Haemogram with blood coagulation profile to rule out any bleeding disorder.
3) Ultrasound scanning of the abdomen to find out any lesion in kidney ,ureter or bladder.
4)CT scan of the abdomen to rule out any mass either in kidney or bladder.
5) Endoscopic examination of bladder (Cystoscopy) to rule out bladder cancer or tumour.

Further treatment will be decided by him and will depend upon clinical findings and results of these tests.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you