Noticed bleeding after periods. Taking fertilaid and vitamin E. Cause?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
I had my last period on the 15th of may, 2013. I just saw another bleeding today 31st of may, 2013. I have 2kids already with the last one being 13yrs old. We are trying for the last baby. Am taking fertilaid and vitamin E. recently treated for yeast and used antibiotics to treat any latent infection(penicilin and a derivative of Cefixime. I had sex on the 16th/17th day of May. What could be the cause of this sudden period, please? My cycle is regular on 26/27days cycle.
Posted Sun, 16 Jun 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 29 minutes later
The possible causes for your bleeding are:
-Ovulatory bleeding.
-Hormonal imbalance leading to inter-menstrual bleeding. Sometimes thyroid hormonal imbalance can also lead to the problem.
-Intake of antibiotics and recent illness can alter the hormonal levels and can lead to inter-menstrual bleeding.
-Structural causes like fibroids, polyps etc.
So you once consult gynecologist, get examined and go for ultrasound to find out the possible cause for your problem.
If your doctor suggests you can go for hormonal profile.
With this workup the possible cause for your problem can be made-out and treatment can be given.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Noticed bleeding after periods. Taking fertilaid and vitamin E. Cause? 20 minutes later
Thanks Doc for your prompt response. I want to assume its the intake of antibiotics that has caused this since am ruling out ovulatory bleeding. I ovulated in my last period since am tracting my ovulation by LH test kit, l used the test kit a day ago and it came out negative. Yesterday was the last day of my antibiotics treatment, so l want to safely assume its the antibiotics. Will my period return to normal after this, please?

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 13 minutes later

Yes, if your inter-menstrual bleeding was because of the antibiotics, usually after stopping the tablets your hormonal levels can come to normal.
And possibly from next cycle onwards you can have regular periods.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.