Noticed bleeding after periods. Feeling nausea, having cramps and foul smell. What is this problem?

Very concerned. I had my period already and am bleeding again about 2 weeks now. It's bright red and heavy. I have moo cramps like with my normal period and it stopped for a day or two then came back. It smells foul and I'm not sure if it's related but I feel a bit nauseous occasionally. What could be the problem? I can't afford to go to the doctor. .
Posted Mon, 24 Jun 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 2 hours later
Prolonged periods for more than a week is indicative of hormonal imbalance or pelvic pathology like cysts /fibroids etc. You will need to undergo some blood tests for hormone like LH,FSH,TSH. An ultrasound of the pelvis is a must. Since you have history if ectopic pregnancy in he past,do urine test first and rule out the possibility of a pregnancy. Meanwhile you can take some tablets like tranexemic acid 1 tab trice a day to control the bleeding. But only after the urine pregnancy test is negative. More often than not,at your age, hormonal imbalance is a cause for these problems.I suggest you get the tests done.That will give you a better idea of what your are dealing with.