Noticed blackness beneath the nail of toes after playing wearing sports shoes. Applies ice. Suggestions?

I played for 2-3 hours wearing sports shoes. After that i noticed some blackness/redness beneath the nail of some fingers of leg. It is having the pain also. I tried to apply some ice, Please advice so that it can cure.
Posted Sat, 12 Oct 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
follow suggestions below

Detailed Answer:

There seems like a trauma or injury to your toes and the nails while playing. Continue to apply ice every hour for next few hours.

You can also apply, Thrombophob ointment for the colour to go away. Nothing to worry. It is most probably stasis of venous blood that should go away soon with continued ice application.

For pain relief, you can take a single tablet of Brufen after food.

Get well soon.