Noticed blackhead on upper lip which looks like cold sore. What cure should be done?

While looking in the mirror I noticed a small blackhead right on top of my upper lip, of course I made the mistake of obsessively picking at it. I ended up ripping my skin off, and now have this patch of raw skin above my lip. It looks kind of like a cold sore, but it isn't. How do I take care of this? How long until it heals?
Posted Thu, 6 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kruti 18 minutes later

I will be glad to be of assistance and I will try my best to answer your queries until you get a satisfactory answer.

I would recommend that you apply Neosporin cream over it twice a day in order to prevent any secondary bacterial infection. In addition, take vitamin c supplements orally for a week. This aids in quicker healing.

I understand you are concerned, but do not worry it should take around a week's time to heal.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if my recommendations were helpful to you.
I will be glad to assist you with any other concerns that you may have.