Noticed black spots on the bottom of foot. Could it be blood blisters? Should I go for check up?

One week ago I noticed a black spot on the bottom of my partner's foot. It is small. I didn't measure it, but it is way smaller than a pencil eraser. It is very dark black. It is a tiny bit asymmetrical. I asked her about this. I have not noticed it before. She said she had been walking outside on the gravel, and it is probably a blood blister. I felt it. It feels a tiny bit different than the surrounding skin, a little bit tougher. It definitely looks suspicious to me. We decided to wait a week to see if it would go away. While it hasn't changed in the week, it is still there. My question is this: how long is it safe to wait if it is something more sinister than a blood blister?
Posted Fri, 31 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kruti 1 hour later

Your description is not consistent with a blood blister.

I wish I could examine the spot to clear your doubts and suspicion, but based on your description I would want to rule out a wart or a melanoma.

I suggest you to visit a dermatologist's office for a direct examination. In the meantime, monitor the progress of the spot. I would be worried if you seen growth or skin changes on this spot.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know if you need more assistance.