Noticed big and sore dent on foot. Should I be concerned?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have a big dent on my right XXXXXXX it is a little sore but not too bad should I be worried? What causes that? It is about size of a 50cent piece.
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 16 minutes later
According to your description, what you have might be due to XXXXXXX splints.
XXXXXXX splints usually result from overuse. Repeated movements of the foot can cause damage where the tibialis muscles attach to the tibia. Soon the edge of the muscles may begin to pull away from the bone. The injured muscle and the bone covering (the periosteum) become inflamed.

I advise you to-

1. Take rest. It plays a key role in decreasing pain and inflammation.

2. Stop doing the activity that caused the problem, at least until their symptoms are under control.

3. Apply cold packs and take anti-inflammatory medications like Motrin to calm pain and inflammation.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Noticed big and sore dent on foot. Should I be concerned? 3 minutes later
Thanks for all and I will rest &ice it as well. :-) have a good night!
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 23 minutes later
Thank you.
I am glad I could help.
You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful.
I wish you the very best in whatever you do.
Warm regards