Noticed bending finger nails. Having tingling sensation. What to do?

My fingernails are starting to bend over the end of the fingers. So far the little one is completely over and the next one has started. They have a tingling sensation.
Posted Wed, 25 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
May be normal phenomenon.Trim nails,good nutrition

Detailed Answer:
Hi thanks for using XXXXXXX

Usually if you leave your finger nails to grow longer and due to aging, the nails will tend to bend over. Even if you use any small sized unfitting gloves on regular basis due to pressure effect your nails will bend over. That is normal phenomenon.

I think what you notice is normal too.

As far as medical cause is concerned, I can only think of clubbing. This may occur due to many systemic conditions like hypothyroidism, severe lung disease or any other illness. Since you also feel tingling sensation I advice you to keep your hands warm, have nutritious food regularly like fruits and vegitables, continue all your medications for BP and blood clot. I advice you to trim all your nails at regular basis and keep yourself hydrated well. These will help you. Follow up with your doctor for examination once. You may require some investigations like TSH, Blood sugar levels and lung functions test if your doctor desires based on examination.

Hope this answered your query. Feel free to ask if any related queries and I will be glad to answer them. Wish you good health.