Noticed an indentation on breast. Have family history of breast cancer. Chances?

Jun 2015

Hi my sister died from breast cancer. It started as a indentation in her breast. I have noticed lately that in my left breast under the arm and towards my breast is an indentation just like my sisters. Do you think I have breast cancer also. Sister died 15 years ago at the age of 51, I am now 63.
Posted Wed, 13 Nov 2013 in Breast Cancer
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Clinical breast examination & mammography

Detailed Answer:

A positive family history & presence of indentation in breast can be indicative of an initial sign of underlying breast cancer.
However, the presence of indentation is not diagnostic of cancer, as it may also be due to a swelling in lymph node or gland in the breast.

So, it will be better to consult a Gynecologist for a clinical breast examination & mammography to find out the actual cause of the indentation.
Detection & management at an earlier stage has good prognosis.

There is no need to worry, you will be fine.
Wishing you a good health.