Noticed abdominal pain. Feeling burning sensation. Also noticed pain in testicles. Remedy?

Last night I experience some lower abdominal pain right along my underwear line. The feeling was a burning pain sensation that was very moderate and did not hurt very much at all. This sensation did wake me up at night but went away after about 10 minutes. Along with this pain, I also experienced some faint shooting pain up my inner left thigh/left testicle. This did last longer but I eventually fell asleep and when I woke up this morning it was gone. About a year ago (maybe a little longer) I noticed a difference between my left and right testicle. My left testicle seems to bulge out more than my right because it seems to have something attached to the back of it, which feels like a bunch of veins (from what I can tell). I have never though much of this but it is now beginning to worry me with these new symptoms. I do not think my family has a history of testicular cancer but with the amount of technology I use Im not sure what may be happening. Thank you.
Posted Thu, 13 Jun 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 44 minutes later
Welcome to the forum.
The description fits with a varicocele on the left side, which is venous dilatation of the testis.
Please get examined, get a diagnosis made and treatment can be offered based on the findings.
Till then you may use
1. Tight scrotal support.
2. Ice application.
Best regards
Follow-up: Noticed abdominal pain. Feeling burning sensation. Also noticed pain in testicles. Remedy? 6 minutes later
Is this a serious issue? Should I be concerned about this?

What can I do to prevent this and are there any future repercussions (ex. infertility)?

Will there be any serious issues if I leave the affected area alone?
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 10 hours later
We need to arrive at a diagnosis before we can proceed further.
All your questions can be answered only after a diagnosis is made.
Best regards