Noticed abdomen area tender. Feeling discomfort. Having pain. Guide

This week I noticed that my lower left abdomen area is pretty tender especially when I press down on it with my fingers.
It does not really hurt on its own although I do feel a slight discomfort. At first I thought it may be gas but I don't think that's it. I did some heavy physical work over the weekend and was thinking maybe I hurt myself somehow. The pain is not really sharp but very uncomfortable. Pain level 4 to 5 on a 10 scale, ten being the worst. Area affected is close to the groin area below the belly button on the left to center side. I can pretty much do my usual routine. Walk, work, drive etc. with no problem. My bowel movements are OK. I do feel a little discomfort in my bladder when it fills up.
Posted Sun, 9 Jun 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Achuo Ascensius 6 hours later
thanks for the query

Pains in the pelvic region could have several causes including those of the genital tract, urinary tract and digestive tract.

Causes related to the genital tract include;
-Pelvic inflammatory diseases which generally associate pelvic pain, vaginal discharges and some times painful intercourse
-genital tract infections mostly manifested by pains and discharges
Digestive causes include;
-inflammatory bowel diseases that associate pains, mucoid stools and sometimes diarrhoea
-diverticulitis most pain on left pelvic region
-constipation etc
Urinary tract causes mainly infections.

I would be better to XXXXXXX a doctor for detail examination and tests such as
-pelvic ultrasound to rule out chronic PID and structural abnomalities
-urinalysis to rule out urinary tract infections
-stool test to check for GIT causes

Hope this has shed some light. If you have further question i will be glad to help.