Noticed a wound in leg. Why does it now have pimples? Antiseptic cream did not help. Now what?

Hi, on top of the thumb of my right leg (just below the nail), I noticed a small wound a week ago. I am not sure of the reason but i suspected it as a shoe bite. It itches me a lot now. I am insulating with handyplast so that the shoe shouldn't rub on it.
As i cant upload a Image here, i will explain its appearance.
The wound is now grown to a size of a coin. It has formed circle in shape and small amount of water particles can be seen coming out that appears like pimples.
Please suggest me a cream to heal the wound. I tried one antiseptic cream and also one more cream called Fucidin .
Posted Wed, 13 Jun 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 2 hours later

thanks for writing in.

You have given a good description of your problem.

This sounds like a patch of nummular dermatitis which is basically skin allergy which gets aggravated by dust, sweat, chemicals etc.

This can be easily treated.

You may use a potent corticosteroid cream like Mometasone Furoate twice daily over the affected area for 10 days or so. Do not use any antiseptics. You may cover the area with handyplast or normal tape after application of the cream.

DO not use fucidin and it is unlikely to help.
Once the lesion dries up, you should use a good moisturising cream 2-3 times daily for a month to prevent recurrence.

I hope I have answered your query. If you have any further question, please do not hesitate to ask me.