Noticed a weird feeling and swelling on top of lip. What can it be?

I was at work and i notice a weird feeling on my top lip. When I checked it out in a mirror i notice there was a small whitest bump that wasnt there this morning and it started to get more swollen. I wanna say it looks more like a bed bug but I'm not for sure. What can it be?
Posted Mon, 5 Nov 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 27 minutes later
I would be pleased to answer your question .

It looks like an urticarial reaction called angioedema in the developing stage.
You should take an over the counter anti histamine like cetrizine . It will help in reducing the inflammation and swelling.
It does need some attention and you should visit the ER in case of any difficulty in breathing .

Since you have had a history of Allergy to Shellfish , you should be more careful .

Thanks and Take care