Noticed a visible vein beginning below neck on top of breast. Means concern?

I just noticed a visible vein beginning below my neck on the left side, and ending at the top of my left breast. what does this mean?
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 21 minutes later
Hi there. Thank you for posting your question. I will do my best to help you.

The visible vein that you describe is normal and is nothing to worry about. It may be your jugular or a branch thereof. It may be now more prominent also because of your having had neck surgery and/or radiation.

In any case, bottom line, it is of itself nothing to worry about.

I hope that I have answered your questions fully and been of some help. If you have anymore questions please contact me again anytime.

Dr Andrew Rynne.