Noticed a spot above groin and also have lost weight. Are these two related?

I noticed a spot 6 months ago above my groin. It had continued to grow. I have not been tested for stds yet. It seems I have lost weight I am concerned that this spot had something to do with it. I was sexually active. There is not really any pain and doesn't itch. I was hoping there may be some kind of diagnosis to see if it is a std or something else. Thanks
Posted Tue, 31 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please, get this spot examined. Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about this spot that you noticed 6months ago. This spot is not typical of any sexually transmitted disease without any additional symptoms. Given the fact that this presentation are not typical of an STD and has been gradually increasing in size over the past months, I will suggest that you get this spot examined. I don't not think investigating you for sexually transmitted diseases without any proper examination and clues suggestive of STDs would make a smart decision. if the findings after exa suggest so or something else, then you would be investigated accordingly. Also, you may consider to upload a picture of this spot for my appreciation and further input if I should have different thoughts. I will suggest that you meet with your primary health care doctor. This will make a good starting point. I suspect he would be bale to handle this without need of referrals. This is unlikely to be related to an STD at this time. I will advice that you always consider using protection during sexual encounters. I hope you this addresses your query and guides you towards getting a solution to this. Thanks for using our services and please feel free to ask for clarifications and ore information if need be. I wish you the best of health. Dr. Ditah, MD.
Follow-up: Noticed a spot above groin and also have lost weight. Are these two related? 10 minutes later
Thank you for your answer. Can you give me some symptoms that this might possibly be? Could it be a form of cancer? I will meet with a doctor to get it examined.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 10 hours later
Brief Answer: very unlikely to be a form of cancer Detailed Answer: Thanks for following up with me. It is very unlikely to represent cancer. Because it has no other symptom, only a visual inspection can raise suspicion of possible causes. However, eczema, tinea, allergies, chronic irritation, etc may as well be possible causes of this. Only and exam can shed some insight light on the possible causes of this. Glad to know you would get it checked out. That is the best thing to do at this time. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD
Follow-up: Noticed a spot above groin and also have lost weight. Are these two related? 28 minutes later
Thank you That makes me feel a little better. But am still concerned that it may be something serious. I would like to upload a photo to you but I am not sure how to do that. Can you give advice on how to upload? Thank you for your help Never mind. I uploaded a photo. I hope that photo will help you with a little more with diagnosis. Again thank you Do you think it could be a form of skin cancer such as melanoma?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 days later
Brief Answer: Not a form of skin cancer Detailed Answer: Hi and sorry for this tardy response. I Have been down with a very bad flu. Hope you understand. I have reviewed this picture entirely. It is very nonspecific but the picture is not suggestive of any for of skin cancer or an active skin infection. Because of the long standing duration and progressive increase in size, please seek a direct consultation to further address this. I hope this helps. I wish you well. All the best. Dr. Ditah, MD