Noticed a soft tingling, pins and needles sensation in finger. Sign of MS?

This morning I noticed a soft tingling/ pins and needles sensation in my right ring and pinky finger. Shortly after that, my thumb began to twitch and then stopped. The tingling has still remained since it started at approx. 11am and the twitching thumb has been happening on and off since then as well. I was out at a bar last night and drinking heavily and was wondering if this could be the cause of it or if it may be a more serious issue? So far, I have not noticed any other issues or sensations. Is it possible that this is early signs of MS?
Posted Wed, 6 Mar 2013 in Multiple Sclerosis
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 43 minutes later
Hi and thanks for your question,
It is very very unlikely that this should be multiple sclerosis. MS is a different clinical scenario on nits its own.
This is probably a transient situation which fade out with time. You probably adapted a poor sleeping posture. This led to compression of a few blood vessels and/or nerves and caused some nerves to suffer in the process due to inadequate oxygen supply.
Just be patient for about a week and the symptoms would certainly fade out. Persistence of these symptoms shall warrant consultation with a neurologist for a detailed evaluation, but this shall really unlikely.
I suggest that you remain calm, watch and report to the neurologist in case of addition of new symptoms or persistence or aggravation of existing symptoms. If not, I think the situation shall get to order i a very short while. Its very unlike that its multiple sclerosis.
Hope this helps as I wish you the best. Will be honored answering further questions if any.
Best regards,
luchuo, MD.