Noticed a soft but large lump on mid rib side. Feeling dizzy and tired. Any ideas?

Question
Hi
Today I noticed a soft but large lump about 2-3 inches long and about 1-2 inches wide on my right mid rib side. I have not been feeling 100% over the last couple of weeks - slightly tide and slight momentary dizziness especially when driving., Have not connected anything together as thought I might be a little run down. But now having discovered this large soft lump I amd a little concerned. Any ideas?
Posted Mon, 8 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Ioan Dorian OANA 2 hours later

You should not be concerned, we have to check however and for this reason, please answer first to the following question, to be able to have a more clear image of your current condition:

Have you noticed any weight loss lately and if yes, how many kilos in how much time?

Is the lump painful and which color is?

You have not noticed anything on your right mid rib side till today?

I am looking forward to your reply.

Dr. Dorian Oana MD, PhD

Follow-up: Noticed a soft but large lump on mid rib side. Feeling dizzy and tired. Any ideas? 1 hour later
No weight loss, it is slightly painful but I think it is because I have been feeling it today. There is no color and today is the first time I have noticed this lump. Thank you for helping and I look forward to hearing. XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Ioan Dorian OANA 4 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for your reply.

In this case I would not be afraid of any cancer related condition.

It could be a number of conditions like muscle or tendon inflammation, injured rib, infection etc. First of all I would recommend an X-ray and then up to the results, I can guide you further.

If you have any more queries, feel free to ask.

Dr. Dorian Oana MD, PhD