Noticed a small, hard, non-movable lump on ulna bone. Tender to touch. Should I be worried?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have noticed a small, hard, non-movable lump on my ulna bone halfway between my wrist and elbow. It is slightly tender to the touch. I noticed it about a week ago when I suddenly got bruising on my forearm in two separate patches - one in the vicinity of the lump and one several inches above it. I did have blood drawn from that arm that day, but I do not recall injuring my forearm or banging it against anything. The bruising disappeared after a couple days but the small lump is still there. It is slightly painful/tender to the touch, about 1/2 in long along the bone and about 1/4 in wide. Should I worry about this?
Posted Sun, 4 Nov 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 10 hours later
Usually the bruising after an injury heals in about 2-3 weeks of the injury. The worry starts if there are signs of infection like fever, redness etc. present, and symptoms like pain, swelling increases and bruise lasts for more than 3 weeks. The mild swelling that you see could be due to fibrosis in the area after healing which usually subsides in 5-6 weeks. The home remedies your can follow are:
1. Hot fermentation 3-4 times a day. Some specialist advises both hot and cold fermentation.
2. Wrap elastic bandage like crepe bandage at the site of bruise. But don't wrap it too tightly.
3. Do not take tobacco in any form; it may delay your healing process.
If you have an increase in swelling (not bruise), Tenderness at the site and pain even in slight movement than only you need to do X-ray. Else, need not to worry.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.