Noticed a small cut on gland of penis after rough sex. Observed blood. Should I be worried?

Question
got a small cut on the gland of penis after rough sex today (had sex twice within 45mins). I used a condom both times. I see a small blood spot. doesn't hurt. should I be worried?
Posted Mon, 8 Jul 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Achuo Ascensius 1 hour later
thanks for the query

the fact that you did use a condom in both times gives you absolutely no reason to be afraid of. Common reasons to be afraid of will include;
-a possible transmission of STDs including HIV
-complications of the wound itself etc.

As concerns the possibility of transmission of STDs, XXXXXXX used a condom gives you absolutely very little risk of transmission unless the condom got broken.

Concerning the possibility f complications, like you said, if its actually a small wound, then just normal cleaning with water and soap will do. But then you should avoid touching and scratching with your hands so as not to infect the wound or worsens it. Also, you need to avoid intercourse at least for a few days ( possible up to a week) to permit the wound to get healed completely.

Hope this answers your query. If you do have further query, i will be glad to response.
Best regards