Noticed a slight tremor in both thumbs and lips. Having hypothyroid and taking synthroid. Suggest the treatment?

May 2013
I recently noticed a slight tremor in both thumbs. I do have hypothyroid and take 0.05 mg of synthroid. Also of today, I noticed a slight tremor in my lip.
Posted Sun, 3 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Side effect of synthyroid

Detailed Answer:
The possible causes for your tremors are:
- Higher dose of synthyroid leading to higher thyroid hormonal levels, which can cause tremors as side effect.
-Neurological problems
-Age related
-Sometimes habits like smoking etc can lead to tremors.
So you once consult your doctor who prescribed synthyroid to you. And discuss about your problem.
If he suggests go for repeat thyroid profile estimation. And according to that you can adjust the dose of synthyroid with his advice.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion.