Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed a raised brown spot around penis base after intercourse. What could it be?

Radiologist
Question
Hi, I have noticed a raised brown spot at the bottom of my penis. I first noticed it last August after intercourseand is in the same spot that the rim of my condom was and the condom was quite tight. Have you heard of this before
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 2 hours later
Hi, welcome and thanks for writing in
Before going in further details I want to know few things.
1. Is it involving in circular fashion?
2. What symptoms do you have at present?
3. Is it painful or just a discolouration.

Primarily it doesn't looks anything emergency. Looking forward for your response.

Regards.

Follow-up: Noticed a raised brown spot around penis base after intercourse. What could it be? 2 hours later
It does not hurt nor itch. I have no other symptoms however, I have had genital warts in the past.

I am not sure what you mean by circular fashion. I assume is it is circular? Yes, it is circular and raised in the centre part.

Thanks again

Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 6 hours later
Hi, welcome back.
From your description it doesn't look like genital warts. It is more likely a small abrasion or injury to skin due to tight condom.
No need to worry about that. You can wait for few days. If persists then need to consult dermatologist for actual physical examination. Otherwise no specific treatment is needed.

Regards.