Noticed a patch of red and brown spots on buttocks. Not raised and do not itch. What could it be?

Hi. A few days ago I noticed a small patch of red/brown spots on my right buttocks. Today I noticed the same small patch of spots in the same spot, only on the left side. The spots are not raised and they do not itch or hurt when touched. Any idea what this could be?
Posted Wed, 10 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 53 minutes later
Thanks for query.
Red or brown spot might be a bruise.
There are certain fungal infections also like P. Versicolor, which present with asymptomatic reddish patch.

If possible can you please upload a photograph of the lesion.
This will help me giving a closer diagnosis.

You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better. You can also send the reports/ image to YYYY@YYYY with the subject as 'ATTN: Dr. Rahul Kumar'."

If it is not possible to upload photos.
Please answer the following questions.
1.Is there any history of injury to the site of lesion, even a minimal trauma?
2.Are you prone to get similar lesions anywhere else in past?
3.Are you taking any medication?

Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Please answer the questions and upload a photo.

Thank you