Noticed a mass falling from rectal area after passing stool. Suffer constipation. What should I do?

Rheumatologist
Question
Hello after stool I find that a mass falling from rectal area..but goes in when pushed. I suffer from constipation also.what should I do?
Posted Mon, 28 Oct 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It can be rectal prolapse.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into the problem and the history you give I would say that in my opinion you are suffering from rectal prolapse . Patients with rectal prolapse generally report a mass protruding through the anus. Initially when it starts , the mass protrudes from the anus only after a bowel movement and usually retracts when the patient stands up. Constipation occurs in 20 -65% of cases suffering from rectal prolapse .

I will advise you to consult a surgeon for this and some stool softeners will be needed to regularise your bowel movements .

Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: Noticed a mass falling from rectal area after passing stool. Suffer constipation. What should I do? 33 hours later
For a few days I had burning sensation around anus region while sitting on cushions. For constipation iam taking dufalac and sattu regularly. Can it be cured without any surgery.

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
No.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for revrting back.

Well looking into your problem I would tell you that first the diagnosis needs to be established . If it is rectal prolapse then it is difficult that it will get cured on its own .

Dr. Shruti