Noticed a lump in breast weeks after weaning, no pain. Treatment required?

I finished weaning my son from breastfeeding a few weeks ago and have just noticed a lump in my dominant feeding breast. It isnt painful but this is the first night I have noticed it. Could it be the beginning of mastitis if it isnt painful? Should I go in and see my doc?
Posted Tue, 4 Jun 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 1 hour later
Thanks for posting your query,
As you are not having fever , pain & redness in your breast so you are not having mastitis.
you are having a painless lump that can be milk collection in lactiferous duct or some benign lesion like fibroadenosis.
For confirmation consult your doctor & get an ultrasound breast done.
I hope your query has been answered. I will be available for your further queries.