Noticed a hard lump after hitting the head. Diagnosed scat tissue. Is this cyst? Cancerous?

Question
I hit the top of my head while getting the baby carrier out last September. A few months later I noticed that I had a lump in the same area(I think). It's about 1.5 cm and hard. You cannot see it only feel it. I had my dr check it back then and she said it could be scat tissue, and I had it checked again today because it's still there, her partner said she thinks it's a cyst under the skin due to trauma.
It has not hanged in size at all and is not painful. But it is hard. Can cysts be hard? And if this were cancerous would it be different?

My dr thinks this bump is an epidermoid cyst. Would a malignant lump look or feel different?
It hasn't gotten larger or changed at all. Under the skin, above skin looks normal
Posted Mon, 15 Jul 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 5 days later
The most likely causes for lump on head are dermoid cyst,sebaceous cyst and hematoma( collection of blood after head injury).
Most of lumps on head are no cancerous.
The best would be to go for a MRI and get it removed surgically.
Such type of lumps on head generally appear very hard because of tight muscles around skull bones.
There is absolutely no worry and go ahead with removal if you find it cosmetically bad.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks

Follow-up: Noticed a hard lump after hitting the head. Diagnosed scat tissue. Is this cyst? Cancerous? 3 hours later
Thank you . It's small and very unnoticeable . It would be more noticeable to have it removed. U don't think it's anything worrisome either?!

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
If it is so small that it is almost unnoticeable,then ignore it.
It is not at all worriesome,but for peace of mind,it is always better to get an MRI done,which shall put your anxiety at rest forever.
Thanks

Follow-up: Noticed a hard lump after hitting the head. Diagnosed scat tissue. Is this cyst? Cancerous? 11 minutes later
Ok I did have another de look at it also, she also said an endodermoid cyst nothing worrisome. It's under the scalp so you can't even see it. She said to leave it alone. If they thought it was anything bad would they have suggested an MRI ? She said she was. It worried.

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 27 minutes later
It is not a question of bad or good.
I am not suggesting that there is some danger.
I simply said,that you may consider getting an MRI done just to relieve you of any anxiety.
If you don't have any anxiety over this issue,then simply forget it.
I hope I am clear to you.
Thanks