Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed 2mm line of black or blood clot in the penis head after oral sex. How long will it take to heal?

Question
2mm line of Black or blood clot in the penis head after hard rubbing oral sex

Hello.., I have this blood clot 2mm line after a g\quite hard oral sex yesterday, today it remains there but on the sides it seems that the blood is beginning to spread out a little bit as a sign of it begins to heal??? it does not hurt or itchy at all. is it possible that the penis head was injured because of the hard RUBBING oral causing the blood to clot ? how long this blood clot will dissappear or heal? please advice. Thanks.

Posted Wed, 22 Aug 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 43 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided.
Based on the information provided by you, it appears it might be due to friction or due to some minor trauma that has been caused while rubbing.
Presently i don't think it is anything serious, it should resolve in a day or two. Presently i advice you to avoid any form of sexual activity for two to three days. You should be fine.
I advice you to see physician if it persists even after 5 to 6 days or it spreads for examination and for exact diagnosis. As the information provided here are without examination.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.

Follow-up: Noticed 2mm line of black or blood clot in the penis head after oral sex. How long will it take to heal? 20 minutes later
Thanks Doctor.
Is it because of the blood vessels burst because of the too hard rubbing which the blood is squeezed into the tiny vessels. The line is i a bit swelled up from the surface of the penis.
I had this before but it was a small dot shape and dissappeared in 3 days after the oral sex as well, but this time the shape is a line (2-3mm line shape and a bit swelled up). Both color are the same black or very XXXXXXX red/deep purple).

is there any home care or home remedy which can help speed up the healing like by putting warm water to make the clot blood flow quicker to heal faster?

Please advise. Thank you.

Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 6 minutes later
Hello
Good to hear from you.
I advice you to do nothing, it is small bruise it will fade within a day or two.
Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Wish you good health.